Wednesday 28 November 2012

Ok so maybe things don't always turn out

Best laid plans and all that jazz......

Well by now I was hoping to have a large post put together with lots of pictures, writing and all the rest of it. News on pug, the Fowler and the Burrell but as happens so often, S**t went sideways and there ain't much I can do about it, pugs frames appeared and then disappeared, back for some more modifications, which is a bit of a bummer in most ways. I was lined up to get stuck in and get it back together and tested over Xmas, but with only a few weeks to go it looks like that's out of the window.

In some ways I can take solice in the fact at least the work side of things are going well, it's taken a week to rough out the job ive been playing with and now I'm into the finishing ops. Running around all the profiles with a a 20mm ball nose cutter will surely keep the neighbours awake! The only problem I have is without some frames to work on today's going to be a bit slow. With any luck I shall be dropping some front wheels for the Burrell off an then picking up the "next kit" as it were. Something to keep me amused at work!

The Fowler on the other hand is also taking a leap forward, it's been just over a year now and finally it's back on it's wheels,..... Ok so half of them are missing but 2 is better than none right?!? I'll have some more pictures and bits of that soon, the smokebox, chimney, and other bits have been cleaned, painted and sorted so that's a bonus!,  now onto the hard work of getting the boiler cleaned out and sorted,

So without giving too much away I'll end there , there is some exciting developments in the wings but as yet they aret ready yet! 

So watch this space! ..... --->                     <------/ just here, ...... That exact space! 

No comments:

Post a Comment