Monday 14 January 2013

Your usual service will be presumed,

Well he we are again,


The fun and excitement is all over, Christmas, new year and birthday all done time to get back to work! There was some play time over the break and pug went to Swindon for an outing, the positive side was it passed its steam test well and now is fully certificated!! Witch was something I was a little apprehensive about, I had visions of spectacular failure, new safety valves and other issues to put right, but with a little more luck than anything else it went through without an issue! Alas that's where the good luck ends, it spectacularly failed to preform in the slightest, the little pig would hardly turn a wheel, due to some serious blowing past valves or pistons and a few other issues, so back to the drawing board....

The first was a quick strip down, as much as it hurt to take it apart again!! The pistons were the first thing on the to-do list, was a fairly quick job to whip the rings out and open them up a tad and ram them back in with a load of steam oil, other things to do are re-work the axle pump to make it work!  Then mess about with the lubricator, I'm not happy with the amount of oil it's putting in, and I would rather at this point it was throwing it through way to fast, once it's run in I'll change it back to a less over active setting, so that's about as far as pug had made it so far, this week will see the the return to the workshop in a big way, got to get on with the others! 

The 2" Fowler is awaiting some attention, it's been a few weeks since the boiler inspectors were in and cleared the boiler for re-tubing, so now it's just a case of cleaning the tube holes and expanding new tubes into the holes, I've managed to get my hands on all the kit, expanders ect, so as my brother has the dungeons and dragons lot over later for the normal game day, I'll use it as an excuse to clear out and get in the workshop for an evenings work. I'm hoping with a little luck I can have pug back up together in the next 2 weeks or so. So if i'm lucky that will be almost the end of it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment