Wednesday 4 September 2013

Length matters!


Or so they tell me!

Seen's as I've pretty much finished the eccentrics and a straps, I've started looking at the rods. Now I know They are wrong and all over the place so my idea its to chop the back of them off, weld on a plate and re-machine the plate, so I've started doing some maths! ( yes it did hurt!) 

Now I know what my rod length needs to be (4 5/32" between centres) I can get to it, but thinking ahead I've made a fixture! (cleaver huh!?) 
So this should (he says hoping!) hold the rods for machining, to get rid of the nastiness I was left with! 
You may be able to see the scribed lines, the furthest from the dowel is where the end of the rod will be, the one further in is the line at which I shall cut and weld the rod
Hopefully it will look something like this soon! Ish..... Maby!

..... Well this took up a good few minutes of my day, back to reality I suppose! 

Bored now!  Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment