Wednesday 25 September 2013

Well bugger!

Ok so. This week I wanted to get this engine running on air. I really shouldn't put these kinds of dead lines on myself ... It NEVER works out!! Damn them!...

So the issues I ran into is I need to weld a plate into the cylinder block, to make life easy for future hydraulic tests. So I can blank off the regulator/ cylinder block from the boiler. But ... I can't get it welded till next week.... Ass!!!!! 

Well so other things been going on! 
Started painting things!  The boiler/smokebox is having a new coat of hight temp black satin, the smokebox door is being filled and painted.... So that's at least something, 

The tank is also something that's been on the bench, ... It's been cleaned and de-rusted, and had a coat of varnish on the inside!... May seem a little random, but..... I figured... It's waterproof which will keep the water and air off the steel work, plus a new drain bung and a few other bits, 



Frames starting to look good! 
Anyways that's about it, pece!

No comments:

Post a Comment