Wednesday 11 September 2013

The aforementioned "hump day"


Hahahahahahah!!! Hump day! 
Right now I've done that, I'll start by saying, don't expect this to make sense, it's one of "Those days" I'm afraid! One of those days I make as much sense as a inflatable dart board,

However music is keeping me partially grounded so things aren't all that bad. This week I've been on a drive to do these rods. Pain in the ass job! But gotta be done, straight forward cut/ weld/ machine job... Yea .... Right!!!! It's taken many hours to do all this! Luckily I have some time at work whilst these big castings are machined!! 

 So after some machining they start to take shape. The holes in the back are just for the radius to make them look all smart and tidy!
 The next 2 up on the mill, one in the fixture being machined to length,
 
Job one complete! Make them the right length!!!! Now to tidy up! 

 
All 4 now just waiting to be drilled so I can bolt em to the straps! 

Weather ill get much more done this week I don't know. Mums wedding is coming up on Friday so weather ill get much more done remains to be seen. 

What's next, well once I can get all this together I could get the block and bits back up on top of the boiler... But I don't really want to do that right now, I'm planning to plug the boiler up without the block up on top, so It can be tested so that's the next issue to work on, plugging up all the holes to get this thing through a hydraulic test.... 225 psi should be interesting!!!!!!!

.... Have faith! ( or at least that what I keep telling myself!) 

Rock n' roll!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment